Tuesday 27 September 2016

Zombies killed my family

I've waited so long to get out.  For over a year I've lived in total isolation.  I hid in one of the underground self-sufficient bunkers built for civilians to hide in until the outbreak was brought under control.

I still remember the day my life changed.

I was at home sipping my morning coffee.  My wife was trying to get the kids to put on their uniforms but they kept telling her school was shut down because of zombies.  "Well even zombies are attending school, maybe you can learn a thing from them!" said my wife.  I smirked, and turned on the news.

"But moooooom we are not lying!  Look out the window, there's no one on the street.  The government came to the school and told us themselves!"

"The government, eh?  So what did this government look like?  Honey, please tell the kids to put on their uniforms... Honey?"

She turned to look at me stare at the TV in horror.  "Holy crap!" she exclaimed at the graphic videos on the news.  "Honey, it's a prank, right? RIGHT?"

And then they came for us.  The zombies.

One year later and I was all alone in this bunker.  The main door could only be accessed by humans.  There was enough food supply and other basic amenities, even a radio to keep us updated.  When I first came here, there were about a hundred people.  But none of them survived for long.  Few months ago I heard on the radio that all zombies were killed and the outbreak was no more.  But I was still stuck in here without any knowledge on how to get out.  I kept hoping someday someone discovers me but I didn't have much time.  The freezer was almost empty.

Suddenly, I heard a sound.  What was that?  That didn't sound like the usual rodents that live here.  I went out of my room to investigate.  I heard muffled voices.  Human voices!  I felt ecstatic.  They've come.  I'm gonna get out!

"This place stinks!  Smells like a thousand rotten dead bodies!" said a woman.

"Are we too late?  HELLLLOOOOO IS ANYBODY IN THERE?" came a man's voice.

I wanted to reply but I couldn't find my voice.  I walked towards the source of the voices.

"Oh hey look, someone's here. Hey are you al.... OH SHIT ONE OF THEM HAS SURVIVED!"  I pounced on him and snapped his neck.  "Please no, no, no," cried the woman.  I knocked her out and gave her a big deep scratch on her arm.  Then I proceeded to break the man's head open and eat his brain.  Few seconds later, I heard the woman rise behind me.  As one of us.  Good, I've been so lonely.  We'll start the outbreak again together.

I've waited so long to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment