Sunday 1 March 2015

Before stepping onto the other half of life

150 days from today is a big day for me. Bigger than big. Astronomical. 150 days from today is my - wait for it - wedding day! Thank you, thank you! :)

As much as I am excited about the future, here are few things I am going to miss about singledom:

Not giving a damn about what people think:

Ever since I got engaged, I have been watching my every move. Reinforcing Facebook privacy settings, uncertainty about the clothes I wear, thinking up dialogues for imaginary scenarios with my new relatives, learning and making charts of my fiance's family tree etc to name a few. I am sorely going to miss being carefree.

Looking forward to:
When the whole marriage drama settles down, I can be more care-free than before. I no more have to answer to my family for my actions. Aunties can now stop telling me to eat more. :)

Owning my own life:
As much independent as we women may try to be after getting married, we could never be as independent as our single counterparts. When you wake up and sleep with the same person everyday, your lives become one. While it is nice to have someone to share the teeniest things, sometimes it can be exhausting too. I am going to miss my privacy.

Looking forward to:
It is nice to know someone is always there for you. Whether it is for help around the house or with new crazy tech-y gadget-y thingy-s or if you are stuck somewhere and need a ride, you know who to call. Plus, after a bad day, you have a shoulder to cry on. :)

Sharing things:
Most things in the room will not be MINE anymore. It will be OURS.

Looking forward to:
Sharing his things. :P

Going easy on personal hygiene:
Once I get married, I don't think I will be able to give waxing sessions or showers the occasional skip. I will now need to keep my room (oops, whole apartment now) clean too! I mean, who does that?

Looking forward to:
Um, being hygienic and slipping into good habits?

Not having financial responsibilities:
Marriage needs you to be financially smart. I can be financially smart as long as my husband is ready to carry the shopping bags and I won't have to spend money on a bellboy to carry them. :P

Looking forward to:
Getting fabulously rich some day (a girl can dream right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment