Tuesday 17 March 2015

In Memory of a Friend

How would you know when you are talking to a person that it would be the last time you will ever talk to that person? Loss of a friend, whether close or casual, who is at a ripe age and full of energy, comes out of nowhere. This is just not fair.

My friend was one of the most chilled out and care-free person I ever knew. He had big plans to start a winery but perished even before he could finish his course. His biggest source of fun was teasing me till I cried. And still he wouldn't stop. He knew how to lighten any mood. He has annoyed me and chewn off my brains more than any other person. But he also knew when to get serious and lent me an ear when I was depressed. If only I had a time machine I could go back in time and tell him not to get on that train. Alas, life can be harsh and unpredictable. It is hard to acknowledge the death of a loved one as part of life. Only few weeks back he was telling me of his plans for my wedding excitedly. And now I'll never get to see him again.

You will be missed, Veron.

2 comments: