Friday 27 March 2015

Kids? No thanks.

I am still four months short of my wedding day and people have already started speculating about how by next year I will be seen with a baby in hand. Hahaha you wish! Give me a break, humans. I have just started to freak out a lot less about the whole married life idea and here you are dropping another bomb on me! I can't even keep a fish alive for two weeks and you expect me to take care of another human soul that can't even feed itself and will poop and throw up all over! If you wish it so much, I will go ahead, have one and just donate it to you. (Dear future kids if you are reading this, I am of course kidding. You know I won't donate you. I will only sell you for a million US dollars)

 I am not saying I don't want kids at all. Of course I do. I WILL BE A MOMMY AND MY KIDS WILL BE CALLED SAFLINGS. Heeheehee. But maybe not until the next decade.

Every time someone tries to explain to me why I should not wait that long, I get annoyed and simply say, "I don't care, I don't want kids." Then I hear the familiar shocked replies, "Allah! Don't talk like that!" Excuse me, is it my life or yours? If you want kids, you are welcome to have as many as you want yourselves. Just leave me and my uterus alone. Having kids or not, how soon and how many is completely the couple's choice. I will have kids because I want to and not because it's what social norms dictate. If you have a problem with that, then you can put all your complaints in a letter, fold it nicely and then shove it up your....er..nose, aunty. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment